Making an Application to Court for

Childbirth Expenses

A self-help kits for mothers.

This kit is current at 1 November 2016

Having a child can be expensive. The Family Law Act 1975 (Cth) recognises that each parent should contribute not only to the ongoing costs of raising a child but also to the childbirth expenses. If the father of your child did not support you financially during pregnancy and childbirth, you can apply to the Federal Circuit Court for an order that the father makes a contribution towards the costs of childbirth.

This kit provides general information about how to apply for an order through the Federal Circuit Court. It does NOT provide information about how to apply for child support through the Child Support Registrar or how to claim any other supplements from Centrelink.

childbirth-expenses-kit-coverDownload a copy of this self-help kit.